Achieve Group is currently seeking an Experienced Health and Safety Officer for our client who are leaders within the Civil and Construction space.
As a Work Health & Safety Officer your responsibility is to develop, implement and evaluate risk management policies and programs, train employees in work health and safety procedures, monitor and inspect the workplace and records and investigates incidents to ensure safe and healthy working conditions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep up-to-date with developments in the Work Health and Safety (WHS) field including legislation, regulations, guidelines & best practice
- Assist in the project risk assessments as well as workplace and task hazard id, risk assessments and controls (JSA/SWMS)
- Assist in the development of the project safety management plan
- Assist in the evaluation of auditing and incident investigation procedures
- Raise management and staff awareness of safety accountabilities & responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver toolbox talks and facilitate group/work team OH&S discussions and meetings
- Carry out formal inspections of the workplace and work tasks, make site visits where a site work is spoken to directly about OH&S in the workplace
- 5+ years’ experience in Civil Construction in a similar role
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Certificate IV in OHS/HSE
- Certificate IV in TAE (advantageous)
- Formal Safety Qualification
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team
If this sounds like you please send through your application with a cover letter addressing your suitability formatted in Microsoft Word to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED