The Shire of Halls Creek, located in northern Western Australia, boasts a progressive Council that is proactively facing the challenges and opportunities that come with being an outback Council. Situated in the heart of the Kimberley, Halls Creek is the gateway to a range of world-renowned natural attractions, including the World Heritage-listed Bungle Bungle ranges of Purnululu National Park and Wolfe Creek Meteorite Crater (the second largest on earth with a diameter of 850 metres) and is an indigenous cultural epicentre with 6 great art centres within the district.
The purpose of the role is to support the Director of Assets and Infrastructure to deliver the operational functions of the Shire inclusive of the road maintenance crew, town maintenance crew, waste facility, and workshop. This position will be vital in supporting the staff in these areas to deliver the various services in the most effective and efficient manner for the benefit of the community.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Well-developed team building and leadership skills, proven capacity to manage.
- Well-developed management and administrative skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Supervisory experience - 5 years - in municipal civil works or similar.
- Demonstrate knowledge of care, maintenance and safe and effective use of plant, equipment and tools
- Accreditation and demonstrated competence in operation of relevant civil plant and equipment
- Broad knowledge of repair and maintenance requirements in the townsite setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to a safe work environment.
- Class “C” drivers licence.
- Experience in remote/aboriginal communities.
About the Benefits
An attractive remuneration package (depending on experience and qualifications), plus excellent working conditions and the job satisfaction that comes from knowing you are truly making a difference in the local community.
The Shire of Halls Creek is also committed to career development and ongoing training and will provide ample opportunities to all employees in this regard.
The Shire of Halls Creek highly values their employees and is offering a range of fantastic benefits as part of their package including:
- 5 weeks annual leave;
- Career development & ongoing training;
- Furnished House, with generously subsidised rent;
- Free internet connection at residence;
- Water and electricity allowance;
- Opportunity for salary sacrifice;
- Cash salary between $90,000-$100,000 (negotiable subject to qualifications and experience).