Our client is a consulting engineering firm located in Townsville North Queensland, specialising in broad range of projects including residential, commercial/industrial, rail and logistic projects and renewable energy developments. They provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and ensure to assist your professional development and wellbeing throughout your career.
The role is a permanent full-time position available for a Structural Engineer to join the team at their office in Townsville, North Queensland.
About the role
Our client is currently seeking a motivated and experienced Engineer to join and contribute to the growth and success of their team. They operate across all building types, including commercial, retail, residential, and industrial fields. The role will enable the candidate to develop in a professional and personal sense and to thrive in a successful firm.
Day to day tasks would involve
- Assist and support Senior and Project Engineers in the delivery of projects
- Model all kinds of structures and prepare thorough and self-reviewed calculation packages
- Keep Project Engineers informed as to project design progress
- Oversee the documentation process and review evolving documents for technical correctness
- Adhere to professional standards and quality procedures
- Support clients and internal customers on technical queries
- Liaise with project stakeholders
- Contribute to project meetings
- Undertake site inspections
To be successful for this role you'll need
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Structural)
- Previous experience working in an engineering consultancy environment working on buildings projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Problem solving mindset with strong interpersonal skills