Achieve Group is currently seeking a highly motivated Speech Pathologist on a full time permanent basis.
Reporting directly to the General Manager with a multidisciplinary team, you are to provide high quality evidence based Speech Pathology services within the North Queensland Region.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Utilise evidence based practice to apply knowledge and skills that contribute to discipline specific or multidisciplinary clinical decisions for all customers, which includes:
- Completion of suitable assessments:
- Setting the stage for therapy:
- Engage in positive promotion of North Queensland’s services in all interactions with customers, their families, friends, advocates, members of the community and organisations to ensure our support assists the customer to live the life they want and meet their goals and objectives.
- The prioritisation and delegation of tasks and responsibilities to your team to ensure the timely resolution of all cases in the Help Desk queue whilst working with the business to identify, improve and enhance operational procedures.
- Undertake other roles and responsibilities as assigned, and deemed appropriate by the General Manager, to meet business and service delivery requirements that fit within both your direct and transferrable skills and experience.
- It may be necessary for a Speech Pathologist to work outside standard hours and perform work as required. Some travel throughout Queensland, particularly North Queensland may be required from time to time.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology or its equivalent (recognised by Speech Pathology Australia).
- Current practicing membership of Speech Pathology Australia.
- Must hold a Blue Card, and be willing and able to obtain a Yellow Card.
- Current ‘C’ Class Driver Licence acceptable under Queensland Legislation
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR.
- Experience in independently managing caseloads, with consideration for complex family scenarios (e.g. socio-economic status, low literacy, family dynamics, etc)
- Ability to manage business performance and achieve targets whilst operating within agreed budgets.
- Proven excellence in verbal and written communication, and highly developed interpersonal skills in effectively working with a wide range of people.
If this sounds like you please send through your application with a cover letter addressing your suitability formatted in Microsoft Word or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted