Currently, there is an opportunity available for a Site Supervisor to join our client's team.
Australian owned and operated, our client is a Townsville based company providing civil and building works, project management, safety management, design and construction projects to Defence, Local Councils, Industrial, Mining, Property Development and Construction industries throughout Queensland.
Dedicated to developing close working relationships with our clients, providing friendly service, high quality product's, providing solutions to our clients' needs in a safe, reliable and timely manner.
Professionalism, excellent safety management systems, ISO accreditation and Federal Safety accreditation enables our client to tender and deliver various sized projects
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Planning and agreeing on project objectives with the Project Team
- Oversee all works and ensure work is being completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Organising the various staff and subcontractors on the project, while working to a program.
- Solid understanding of WHS requirements and ability to implement systems.
- Making sure that all the aims of the project are met.
- Making sure that the quality standards are met.
- Monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained.
- Signing off on documentation as required (job specific, WHS forms etc).
You will manage and motivate crew to ensure the project is running as scheduled, ensuring that the crew complies with site rules and regulations whilst monitoring their work quality and meeting workplace health and safety requirements.
This is a hands-on role performing tasks in the field, reading plans and specifications, maintaining equipment, ordering materials and managing paperwork and document control as per company policies and procedures. You will be collaborating with Clients, Suppliers and other parties involved to ensure all aspects of the project proceed as planned.
Good communication, problem solving & staff management skills are necessary, and you will have an excellent knowledge of Workplace, Health & Safety along with relevant industry experience, tickets, white card and qualifications.
Desirable experience on Defence / state and local government / Airports and Marine port projects.
Police checks is a prerequisite.
On offer for the successful applicant is a full time position with opportunities to work on various projects.