IMMEDIATELY available candidates encouraged to apply!
Your new company
Our client is a State Government Department located in Charters Towers.
Your new role
This department is looking for a Senior Science Support Officer for an ASAP start. This particular role is a temporary assignment that will go for at least 18 months.
Operating from within the Biosecurity Queensland business group, you will be working in the Invasive Plants and Animals Science group based at the Tropical Weed Research Centre to provide support to field, glasshouse and laboratory research into the mass rearing and releasing of biological control agents for invasive weeds, specifically Parkinsonia aculeata.
As the Senior Science Support Officer, you will:
- Provide operational support to biological control of invasive weeds project for Parkinsonia aculeata, by maintaining a biological control agent, Eueupithecia vollonoides colony to a high level of standard to meet project milestones.
- Maintain host plants, ensuring they are free from disease/pests/weeds.
- Maintain facilities and equipment such as rearing cages, ensuring they are clean, and in good working condition.
- Maintain rearing and release documentation clearly and accurately, and perform data entry.
- Liaise with landholders/stakeholders/councils, to provide up-to-date project information and organise biological control agent releases to suitable sites.
- Ensure clear and effective communication to internal and external entities.
- Complete DAF administrative requirements to a high standard.
- Work effectively within a small team member or work independently within the glasshouses and facilities.
- Assist with the preparation of project milestone reports.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Experience in the field of Science is highly valued
- A High School Certificate is a minimum, further education is preferred
- Local residents encouraged to apply
- Must be able to relocate if you do not reside in Charters Towers
What you'll get in return
- Monday to Friday 7.25 hrs/day, 36.25 hrs/week Weekend work on roster also (2-3 hours every few weeks)
- You will receive an attractive pay rate and exposure to a new Government Department.
- The assignment will be a full-time temporary assignment, with a possible extension until December 2021
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Bianca Mason- or call us now on 1300 129 732. Please note, ONLY successful applicants will be notified and no client information will be disclosed until short-listing.