About the role:
Achieve is currently recruiting for an experienced Risk and Compliance Officer for a private boarding school located in CHARTERS TOWERS. This roles primary responsibility is the overall design, implementation and maintenance of the College's risk management, compliance, procedures, policies and incident management programs.
The successful applicant will also be expected to support the College Board with meeting their governing body responsibilities and other reporting obligations and requirements.
- A minimum of Cert IV in Compliance & Risk Management (graduate qualification in Business and/or Accounting is desirable)
- Working with Children Check- Current Blue Card including police check
- Current drivers license
Significant experience in a risk advisor or risk management role
Experience in rolling out governance, compliance and risk systems including associated software
Deep understanding of risk management and its application in complex organisations
Excellent communication skills including an ability to convert complex information into plain English
Excellent analytical skills
Relational person with an ability to work with and influence a broad range of stakeholders
Excellent change management and negotiation skills
Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
Excellent organisational and project management skills
Professional & personal integrity
Confidentiality, credibility, empathy and authenticity
- Ensuring the alignment of the College’s governance, risk and compliance frameworks with the College’s overall strategic objectives.
- Providing assurance to the College’s key stakeholders regarding our overall compliance with the Non-Government School Registration Standards and related laws and regulations.
- Working with other key stakeholders to ensure that College maximises strategic and operational outcomes through the use of enabling technologies.
- Facilitating the promotion of a strong culture of risk and compliance awareness and management across the College with a focus on training and mentoring staff.
- Working with other key stakeholders, including the College Leadership Team towards the integration of the key governance and operational programs.
- Oversee all census submissions ensuring accuracy
If you believe this role is for you then please send through a current cover letter and resume.