The General Manager for Civil is responsible for the operations of the business unit as well as delivery of projects as required within the Civil Business Unit. You will be required to contribute to the development of project tenders including constructability reviews, productivity rates and non-price criteria. Reporting to the Director, Your duties includes but not limited to;
- Monitoring all the construction programs across the civil division
- Provide strong leadership to the commercial and projects team
- Manage all clients, subcontractors and vendors
- Ensure the project quality, safety and environmental objectives are achieved; across the business unit.
- You will also be responsible for all commercial and reporting for all Civil Projects
- You will provide proactive engagement with direct reports to ensure that the company’s quality, safety and environmental objectives are delivered across the company as well as the development of continuous improvement initiatives.
Review monthly reports to be submitted in the monthly review meeting. The monthly report will include:
- Project budget & cost reports.
- Update on projects forecast and variation approval status.
- Manage progress claims
- Monitor the performance against the project budget and analyse monthly cost, revenue and forecast reports.
- 10+ years in Civil Construction ideally in a General Manager capacity or a Construction Manager
- Extensive experience managing budgets for large projects
- In-Depth understanding of construction principals and project management
- Strong Communication Abilities
- A good Financial acumen
If this sounds like you please send through your application with a cover letter addressing your suitability formatted in Microsoft Word to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED