About the role:
Achieve is currently recruiting for an experienced Finance and Administration Manager for a private boarding school located in CHARTERS TOWERS. This role is to oversee all finance, administration and accounting functions within the College to ensure that tasks are run effectively and efficiently, including responsibility for the management of all College’s financial accounting and reporting activities.
The position oversees the day-to-day operational finance and administration requirements of the College including the management of processing Payroll, Superannuation, BAS, FBT in addition to having full responsibility for human resourcing and all finance functions.
- A minimum of Bachelor of Commerce
- Accounting or Business degree.
- Applicants who possess a CPA or CA qualification would also be considered for the position.
- Current drivers license
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to think strategically and have an understanding of the wider business context with strong business acumen
- Be innovative and think conceptually
- Have strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to challenge and be challenged
- High level of computer skills especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Understanding of and ability to use financial software packages
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge and understanding of how to manage and supervise staff
- Time management and prioritisation of tasks
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Prepare business and financial cases for new initiatives, including reports to the Principal and the Board
- Maintain critical financial documentation including Schedule of Fees, Terms and Conditions and Enrolment Documentation
- Responsibility for the efficient and effective use of all finance resources
- Manage and control the finance and accounting methods, policies and procedures in order to meet the requirements and reporting standards of AASB, ACNC and relevant legislation
- Oversight of payroll, debtor, creditors and cash flow management
- Oversee all financial processes including:
- Cash management
- Monthly account reconciliation
- BAS, PAYG and superannuation submissions to ATO
- Billing cycle
- Debt Management
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Payroll including group certificates, TFN declarations
- Maintain Asset and Depreciation registers
- Administration of various Trust accounts and funds
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting, or Business
- CA or CPA Qualified (or working towards)
- Working with Children Check – Australian Blue Card (current) including police check (current or ability to obtain)
- Proven experience as Financial Controller or relevant position
- Proven ability to work with, supervise and lead a team
- Knowledge of Accounting Standards and legislative requirements
- High level of communication skills including interpersonal, consultation, and mediation and negotiation skills
- Proven experience meeting & exceeding KPIs
- Proven experience with financial reporting
This role has significant relationships with the Principal, Risk & Compliance Manager, Facilities & Maintenance Manager, Admin staff, Teachers and Heads of Boarding.
If you believe this role is for you then please send through a current cover letter and resume.