About the role:
Achieve is currently recruiting for an experienced Facilities and Maintenance Manager for a private boarding school located in CHARTERS TOWERS.
You will be responsible for overseeing the Facility and Maintenance Staff on a daily basis, maintenance of property and buildings, in conjunction with the Risk and Compliance Manager ensure compliance with OHS, Emergency and Risk Management, in conjunction with the Finance ad Administration manager assisting with tenders for contract services including but not limited to aircon, electrical, fire, waste disposal, pest, security and hygiene services as well as providing regular reports to the Principal.
- A sound track record in influencing and managing people and business operations
- The capacity to multi task and pay close attention to detail
- The ability to keep to timelines and manage multiple deadlines
- The ability to actively listen so as to manage problems and mitigate risks
- The ability to negotiate and advocate for services in the best interests of the College
- Sound ICT skills to expedite compliance, communications and planning
- The capacity to maintain professional relationships with organisations and contractors on behalf of the College where necessary
- The Facilities & Maintenance Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of services in the areas of property and maintenance including:
- Ensuring a safe workplace, maintain high morale and strong welfare amongst staff under their care
- Monitoring hours of work, workloads and personnel allocation, coordinating rosters and monitoring leave entitlements and implementing changes when necessary
- Ensuring all organisational timelines and service delivery deadlines are met
- Ensuring staff undertake training and development to develop their capabilities and improve performance
- Coordinating rosters and monitoring leave entitlements
- Fostering a culture of responsibility for the care and security of all assets inducting, monitoring and reviewing the role of each staff member to ensure:
- Role clarity and definition of duties and responsibilities availability of equipment and tools for work upon commencement (including keys and network access.
- Accurate terms and conditions of appointment including hours of work review and/or inspect work for quality, accuracy and completeness establishing preventative maintenance schedules.
- Assisting with selection processes as required
- Adherence to staff code of conduct and uniform policy
- Oversee ongoing and preventative maintenance of the School’s facilities, property and assets
- Be responsible for School grounds being presented to a high standard at all times
- Ensuring access for contractors to the College site and to the relevant staff member
- Liaising with contractors to source quotes, schedule works and monitor progress in line with school operational and strategic goals.
- HR/MR Licence
- Blue card
- WH&S qualifications
- Trade qualification desirable
If you believe this role is for you then please send through a current cover letter and resume.