Achieve Group is currently seeking a Data Systems Operations Officer for a contract in Townsville.
As the Data Systems Operations Officer you will provide operational support for research data systems including recording system issues, initial issue diagnosis and where possible issue resolution. This role will liaise with internal and external users to understand and document issues and use technical skills and work with software engineers to implement solutions. Your duties will include but be limited to;
- Provide operational support for research data systems including recording system issues, initial issue diagnosis and where possible issue resolution.
- Liaise professionally with internal and external users to understand and document issues to maximise system quality and utility and minimise risk
- Participate in the resolution of issues using technical skills to facilitate the improvement of operational systems.
- Establish issue documentation to facilitate resolution of future similar issues.
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology, Systems Engineering or similar or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a client facing role such as technology support.
- Ability to diagnose web UI, browser issues and to investigate system/application logs.
- Possess highly developed technical problem-solving skills, forming and testing against hypotheses, to resolve issues with a diverse range of complex data systems.
- Programming skills in Java or Python or web technologies
- Experience in JIRA, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Internet Explorer (Edge), Chrome, Software development environment (IntelliJ), database client.
- Experience with databases and query writing with SQL.
If this sounds like you please send through your application with a cover letter addressing your suitability formatted in Microsoft Word to email@example.com or apply below.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED