The Rehabilitation Consultant:
1. Conducts clinical assessments to determine worker and employer needs to recover at and return to work.
2. Develops plans to guide and implement a recovery at work in collaboration with relevant parties.
3. Implements, monitors and reviews rehabilitation plans to achieve a recovery at work.
4. Determines service closure at the most appropriate time .
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure clear clinical direction to assist in successful return to work outcomes
• Create timely, evidence-based reporting and documentation
• Maintain Case Manager records that are in line with Generation Health’s File noting policy and stated SLA parameter for each service
• Demonstrate a basic ability to identify barriers and appropriate solutions to solve for those barriers in a report
• Able to demonstrate through the life of a case the continual ability to identify barriers and solutions to solve for those barriers
• Participate in regular strategic file review meetings with GM or Lead Consultant
Degree qualified in occupational therapy, physiotherapy, rehabilitation counselling, psychology, exercise
physiology or equivalent
Maintain the associated Australian professional membership within your profession
Experience Previous experience in injury management / employment and / or disability services desirable