With the recent growth and expansion of their business we are seeking a skilled and committed bulding site supervisor, based in Rockhampton to join our successful team for a long-term role.
To be successful in this position you will be a self-starter with demonstrated experience working within the Construction industry. Your exceptional interpersonal skills and collaborative nature will help you develop authentic relationships with clients and stakeholders.
Ability to multi-task between various projects whilst providing strong, consistent direction to project team colleagues and staff is key. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for overall management of construction including planning, coordination, right through to completion.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the site as appointed, coordinating personnel and subcontractors directly involved in the project are in phase with the project goals and objectives
- Oversee and provide direction to general contractors, subcontractors, ensuring quality standards are met if there are any issues arising
- Have a comprehensive understanding of contract terms, scope of work and specifications to deliver executable plans
- Adhere to legal regulations, building and safety codes, and other requirements
- Identify variations and assess progress claims against completed work sand monitor provisional sums for contract claims
- Conduct and document quality assurance and safety inspections throughout the project process, assuring working environment is maintained at acceptable levels, and that all tools and equipment are in good working condition
- Oversee the maintenance and updating of SOP's and pre-construction documents, and monitor contract obligations
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years experience as a Site Supervisor/Manager
- 8+ years within trade or construction
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to work within deadlines
- Have a QBCC Supervisor Licence